Fans stunned by a buff photo of the Spider-Man star in Bali Aumag The Talks Today

Hollywood star Andrew Garfield has sent fans into a frenzy after he was spotted on holiday in Bali. But it wasnt the fact that he likes to chill where Aussies like to chill that had the internet doing a double-take, rather the relaxed yet ripped figure he cut on the holiday island.

Hollywood star Andrew Garfield has sent fans into a frenzy after he was spotted on holiday in Bali.

But it wasn’t the fact that he likes to chill where Aussies like to chill that had the internet doing a double-take, rather the relaxed yet ripped figure he cut on the holiday island.

The 38-year-old – posing shirtless – was quickly trending on Twitter, sparking a wave of admiration and leaving some “likes on every post of shirtless Andrew Garfield”.

One adoring fan said: “I can say for sure that Andrew Garfield should be in the top 10 wonders of the world.”

Another commented: “Andrew Garfield just arrived in Bali and the first thing he does is show off his abs. Thank you very much sir.”

If you would like to view this content, please adjust your Cookie settings.

To find out more about how we use cookies, please see our Cookie guide.

Garfield – of Social Network and Hacksaw Ridge fame – had to train for his numerous tours as the web-slinging hero Spider-Man.

But in addition, the Bafta and Golden Globe winner shared his skills across a wide range of genres in film, television and theatre.

That seems to be why his enviable figure took so many by surprise.

“He’s got everyone in a choke hold,” one person said of the snap, while another added: “I need to breathe”.

Revealed earlier this year that he planned to step away from acting after a period of heavy work.

“I want to rest a little bit,” he told Variety in April.

“I have to recalibrate and rethink what I want to do next and who I want to be and just be a little bit of a person for a while.

“I’m just going to be a little ordinary for a while.”

Garfield’s latest work is a starring role in the true crime drama Under the Banner of Heaven, starring alongside Australians Sam Worthington and Daisy Edgar-Jones.

His character, Detective Jeb Pyre, investigates the brutal murder of a Mormon mother and her young daughter.

The series was largely praised by critics after its premiere in April.

ncG1vNJzZmismJrBorjKrKuonJGue6S7zGidmqajYsC1wc2nnJ1lkq56onnBrp2fZaCdvLW7jKidZqyYmnq0vMidnKtlnZa7br%2FTmqlmoZ5ir6K4yGaYrqWRnHpzew%3D%3D

Share!