The Truth Behind Michael Allio And Amanda Kloots Relationship

The start of Something More? Amanda Kloots shared her thoughts about meeting Bachelorette alum Michael Allio for the first time, which gave fans hopes that the two will find a love connection with one another.

The start of Something More? Amanda Kloots shared her thoughts about meeting Bachelorette alum Michael Allio for the first time, which gave fans hopes that the two will find a love connection with one another.

People in our lives kept telling us both that we should meet based on how much we have in common. So we eventually started connecting over social media,” the Talk cohost, exclusively told Us Weekly on Thursday, December 30. 

When you are a widow and single parent, it is so wonderful to meet people that are in your same boat. It makes you feel less alone.”

Kloots shared that it “was so nice” to connect with Allio, 37, in person, and she felt like they had “been friends for years” during their hangout. “We could have chatted for days,” she added.

“There is an immediate honesty and ease when you’ve been through trauma like we have.

The Dancing With the Stars alum told Us that she will “absolutely” remain friends with the entrepreneur. “We are both from Ohio, have little boys and [have] been through a very hard time in life,” she explained. “We have each other’s back.

Amid her solidified bond with Allio, Kloots divulged that she is ready to date, noting, “I would love to have some love back in my life.” 

As for whether she would search for her future partner on the Bachelor franchise, she said, “I’ve learned to never say never in life.” Michael Allio was among the final four duking it out for Katie Thurston’s heart.

Michael’s love life was hit with tragedy in 2019, and he recently opened up to Thurston about it on the show.

What Happened To Bachelorette Star Michael Allio’s Wife?

Michael’s wife, Laura Ritter-Allio, passed away from cancer in 2019 at the age of 33.

Michael and Laura met while they were students at Loyola University in Chicago. After meeting, the couple got married in 2012.

After a few years of marriage, the couple welcomed their son, James Michael, on September 9, 2016. 

Less than a year after their son’s birth, Laura was diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2017.

It’s been really scary. It’s been heartbreaking. But I think it’s really important that we talk about this — because I’m 32. And I never thought it could happen to me,” Laura said in a video documenting her journey.

Philanthropy was always a passion of Laura’s, and when she was diagnosed with cancer, she gathered a following sharing her cancer journey on Facebook.

Michael’s sister created a GoFundMe to support the family through their cancer journey with a fundraising goal of $25,000 – the page gathered over $73,000.

Why was Michael Allio Eliminated From The Bachelorette Season?

During the July 26 episode, Michael sent himself home to be with his son, leaving the other three men fighting for Thurston’s hand.

Michael had a “big decision” of his own as he questioned whether he should continue on his quest for love or go home to his son.

In a heartbreaking phone call with his son, the single dad is visibly agitated, telling the toddler: “I miss you like crazy, buddy.”

Audio can hear his son saying: “Maybe Daddy don’t want to see me.”

Michael opened up on the “Happy Hour” podcast following the June 21, 2021 episode that he originally never applied to be a contestant on the show.

He said that producers had reached out to him through Instagram to be a suitor, and after saying no twice, he finally agreed to go on the show.

Michael also revealed that he asked his in-laws for permission before going on the show in honor of Laura.

My decision to begin this journey is not just mine. There’s a lot of people who are affected in my world, people I love and cherish, and so I did say that before I decide, I wouldn’t go unless my in-laws gave me full approval.”

Since dipping out of the competition, Michael Allio has more or less returned to real life in Akron, Ohio. According to his LinkedIn, Michael is the founder and managing partner of Allstera, a company that “delivers quality and affordable sanitation consumer products and personal protective equipment.” 

In addition, the single dad also works as the vice president of sales and marketing for MASCOT Workwear, a company that provides corporate and industrial work uniforms. 

But, perhaps most impressively, Michael has created a charity dedicated to his late wife, Laura, called The L4 Project. 

What is the L4 Project?

Michael and Laura were “committed to creating a purpose to their pain,” and a month after she passed, Michael created The L4 Project to continue her legacy.

The L4 Project page explains: “The courage, determination and selflessness that Laura demonstrated throughout her life and during her cancer journey inspired thousands to look inward, gain perspective and make the drastic changes necessary to live a ‘life worth living.‘”

“The L4 Project seeks to continue her great work by ensuring that these noble organizations are given the financial resources need to carry out their important work,” the website states.

Their website has clothing for sale, and 100% of the profits go towards nonprofit organizations that address the needs and help the lives of those fighting cancer.

Since his appearance on the show, the L4 Project has grown.

If you’re waiting for your order, please know we’re not Amazon,” Michael said on Instagram. “We’re just a small group of dedicated volunteers that have a personal and emotional connection to Laura and this project. We’re going to get it out to you soon, I promise. All this money will go toward supporting amazing causes and people that need it. I’m floored by how wonderful people can be.”

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunC5yJyfmp2cYq6tuMioZJqmlGKurq3NnZhmo5ykvLW%2FjKucpZmknryvv8eip2g%3D

Share!