Nadine Hoffeldt biography: age, boyfriend, awards, albums and songs

Nadine Hoffeldt is a renowned South African Afrikaans singer and presenter, popular for her Kaapse Draai hit song. In 2003, this song got nominated among the best five songs in 2003 Geraas Musiek Toekenning (GMT) awards. The GMT awards recognize Afrikaans music. She has also released English songs.

Nadine Hoffeldt is a renowned South African Afrikaans singer and presenter, popular for her Kaapse Draai hit song. In 2003, this song got nominated among the best five songs in 2003 Geraas Musiek Toekenning (GMT) awards. The GMT awards recognize Afrikaans music. She has also released English songs.

READ ALSO: Unathi Msengana biography, husband, kids and age

The South African born singer/presenter started her singing journey as a teen, thirteen to be precise, in 1996. She has released twelve albums with the fifth containing Kaapse Draai hit. Two of these albums have been certified platinum while four others have been certified gold. This clearly shows she is doing good in this field. However, she does more than singing. Here is her bio. It will shed more light about Nadine singer, Nadine the wife, and Nadine the person.

How old is Nadine the singer?

Nadine was born on 28th February 1982 in Durban South Africa, making her 37 in 2019.

Nadine Hoffeldt husband – boyfriend

Is Nadine Hoffeldt married? There have not been any official statements with regards to her getting married, but sure enough, there is sufficient information confirming Nadine is in a relationship with Derick Hougaard. Some of her fans bet on a happy ever after for Derick Nougaard and Nadine.

Derick Hougaard has Nadine’s heart. Derick who is a former rugby player was previously married to Karlien Van Jaarveld – an Afrikaans singer, but they divorced in 2015. He has, however, moved on, and occasionally proudly exchanged flirty tweets with Nadine on twitter. Hopefully, Derick Hougaard en Nadine will end up married. Only time will tell.

READ ALSO: Bill Gates family members, background and photos

Nadine Hoffeldt Career

Nadine’s singing career took off while she was still a teenager, in 1996. Ever since she has always put her best foot forward and made the most out of her talent. This is evident in her twelve albums and 2 DVD’s , four of which have been certified Gold and two certified Platinum.

In 1997, Nadine toured South Africa together with Jan Smith – a Dutch singer, who was brought into the country by Ian Bossert - Nadine’s manager at the time. The same year, she got the chance to perform at the Two Nations concert, together with Billy Ocean and Spice Girls. In the audience were high profile individuals, including the late Nelson Mandela and Prince Charles.

In September 2005, she released her seventh solo album dubbed Mense Soos jy. This was followed by the nomination of 10 years live, for best DVD in the 2006 South African Music Awards.

She has recorded many hit songs. These include: Dankie Liewe Ouma, Alweer Iemand Anders, Hoor hoe Klop my hart, Latina, Kom Dans met my, Die Hemel Brand, n’ Meisiekind Wil ek graag bly, Vive la Vida, and Afrika Spore.

She has managed to sell over 500,000 CD’s over the years she has been in South Africa’s music scene.

READ ALSO: Gugu Gumede biography: age, mother, MaMlambo Uzalo real name, Instagram, pictures

She maintains a tight performance schedule with over 120 concerts per year. In 2008, she got nominated yet again for the SAMA awards because of her “As Jy wonder” album. She also became a contestant in the first season of Tropika Island of Treasure – a reality competition series.

In 2010, she released This Time I know the album, which contained songs such as, Made Up My Mind, and This Time I Know It’s For Real.

Nadine as a presenter

Nadine was a celebrity coach in Supersterre – an SABC2 reality competition that aired back in 2006. She was tasked with the job of mentoring Shaun Tait, who emerged the winner of the competition.

In 2015, she graced Musiek Roulette – an Afrikaans music game show - produced by Johan Stemmet who is also a presenter in Noot vir Noot - a Musiek Roulette’s sister-show. She hosted Museik Roulette season 1 through to season 3, and now season 4, and appeared as a guest artist at Noot vir Noot seasons 37 and 39.

Nadine Hoffeldt albums

• Krappies & Krefies
  • Nádine
  • You & I
  • 44 Jongste Gunstelinge
  • Simply Me
  • Kaapse Draai Remix
  • Mense Soos Jy
  • As Jy Wonder
  • Nádine 10 Years Live DVD
  • This Time I Know
  • 2011: Eindeloos
  • Live in Europe DVD
  • 2012: Christmas In South Africa
  • 2014: Skildery

READ ALSO: 8 Facts about Neil Sandilands

Nadine Hoffeldt songs

• Dankie Liewe Ouma
  • Nein Du darfst nicht gehen
  • Kaapse Draai
  • Was auch morgen kommt
  • Lied Van My Hart
  • Auf Wiedersehen, Arrivederci
  • Eindeloos
  • Made Up My Mind
  • Hoor Hoe Klop My Hart
  • Afrika Spore
  • Mense Soos Jy
  • Rooi Roos – Tien van Harte
  • Ek haal weer asem
  • Falling In Love At Christmas
  • Koe Ma Doe
  • This Time I Know, It’s for Real
  • I Will Be Strong
  • Wish You Were Real
  • Hout op die vure
  • Perfect Time
  • Bad at Goodbyes
  • Little Miss Complicated
  • All Out Of Love
  • Ons Leef Vir Ons Twee
  • Was Wir sind
  • So Is Jy
  • So That I Don’t Miss You
  • I Can Have You
  • 1000 keer
  • Deur ‘n vuur vir jou
  • Starting to Live
  • Out on a Limb

READ ALSO: Londie London age, real name, instagram, songs boyfriend, and hot photos

Television Roles

Nadine has played different roles in television. These include:

• Miss South Africa - she appeared in season 61 as a performer.
  • Musiek Roulette - she hosted season 1 through to season 5.
  • Noot vir Noot - She appeared as a guest artist in season 37 and season 39.
  • Supersterre - She was a celebrity coach in season 1 of the show.
  • Tropika Island of Treasure - Contested in season 1 (Mauritius)

Nadine Hoffeldt awards and nominations

World Peace Song Festival – she was the first South African to win this award.

2003 Geraas Musiek Toekenning (GMT) awards nomination.

Nadine Hoffeldt has done good for herself, both in singing and television. She has performed to international audiences, and high profile audience back at home. She has won coveted awards, and left a mark of quality in her field of specialization. She is success.

READ ALSO:

• Thulisile Phongolo biography: boyfriend, education, career and hottest photos
  • 5 Facts about Chris Hani that you have to know
  • Khanyi Mbau: 10 facts you have to know about her
  • Thando Thabethe biography: age, boyfriend, engagement, movies, net worth and sexy photos

ncG1vNJzZmiaop6yp7jYZ5qoZqqWfHODmG1tZqaRmbavsYyhpp%2BelaGxtXnBoqagqpGltbp5wKCcZpqfrrOztcSnm2aZp5a%2Fpb%2BMmqObrZ2oerS7zaCqZ6Ckork%3D

Share!